Thursday, July 29, 2010

Something to CROW about!

My Wednesday Watercolor Group went very well this past week.
I presented a copy of a photograph I took at the friends house (two years ago, I think).

The photo was of the friend's collection of ROOSTERS and I found them interesting and inspirational.
The students took the idea and created different images from the same photo... that is one of my favorite things about teaching!!!!

My drawing and painting was not completed (because I was busy mentoring the students)but I will get to it soon and post it on Esty with a link for you to find it easily.
Just wanted to get this on line to share with you .... I love the variety and will post them again when the students bring their work back in to show me the final image.

Keep working on the ideas .... and never settle for ONE ... push yourself and enjoy the possibilities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Helpful Pet - what is your's up to?

Helpful Pet - what is your's up to?
POGO

Mixed Media Class

Mixed Media Class
Fun and projects!

Mixed Media Class

Mixed Media Class
Muriel

Mixed Media Class

Mixed Media Class
Peggy

Mixed Media Class

Mixed Media Class
Nancy

Poppies ....

Poppies ....
ready for their new home!

Ta Da .....

Ta Da .....
this little gem is ready for blog preview and Etsy post tomorrow!

Ta - da!!!!

Ta - da!!!!
I can now walk away from the Easter Pear!!!

Easter Pear?

Easter Pear?
I like pears better than eggs!!!

Easter Pear Step 1

Easter Pear Step 1
Step 1 - I thought this would be enough ... silly me!

Easter Pear Step 2

Easter Pear Step 2
Step 2 - I wanted to add a bit of EGG Whimsy.

Easter Pear Step 3

Easter Pear      Step 3
Step 3 - It wouldn't be mine if there weren't any cast shadows.

Easter Pear Step 4

Easter Pear Step 4
Step 4 - And I love a good implied table line ... don't you??

Easter Pear Step 5

Easter Pear Step 5
Step 5 - Oh, better kick up the value a bit!

Easter Pear Step 6

Easter Pear Step 6
Step 6 - The background could use a value shift.

Easter Pear Step 7

Easter Pear Step 7
Step 7 - Add, of course we need a bit of implied texture!