This evening I started painting a new project on location and I will be posting images as I work.
The project???? I am painting a faux rug on the client's dinning room floor.
Last week, I drew images and cut stencils based on the client's wallpaper... not so much for application of paint but for repetition and spacing. Tonight, I used a watersoluble pencil to indicate where my images of ribbons would be with the help of my stencils.
Using colors of paint that coordinate with the wallpaper, I completed the ribbons on the four corners. I am sure I will add areas of darker value to the ribbons later but we were all pleased with the look so far.
We discussed the size of the secondary design ... my original stencil for this part of the design is not big enough for the size of the rug so I must design another and cut it before returning to the site tomorrow.