Monday, January 2, 2012

Fresh start for the New Year!


I would say today was a good day .... 
lots of things accomplished


Today was a good day for another BIG reason ... we put away all the holiday stuff at the brick and mortar ...fresh start for the new year! 

I still have some office work to complete for the end of the year and the beginning of the new. 
We have a system that helps us with orders and filing that requires tabs and labels so I have to print little titles ... I do it the old fashion way with my pen (no computer).


In the classroom/studio, I demonstrated pushing a color for one student. He was using green with no value shifts, no variety ... just green ...  everything was flat. I think the lesson helped him see the possibilities. 

With another student, I started a basic collage  lesson/project. She is super excited to be taking classes with me. I am really in the mood to do some collage work of my own so look for that in the near future. During my own time today,  I was able to finish two greeting cards to sell.

I worked in my sewing room tonight to create a round table cloth we need for the showroom table. I selected a blue and silver fabric with snowflakes, suns and stars. It is very wintery. I will try to posts a few snaps of it tomorrow.

I feel good about all I accomplished today. Sometimes, feeling good is what it is all about!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Helpful Pet - what is your's up to?

Helpful Pet - what is your's up to?
POGO

Mixed Media Class

Mixed Media Class
Fun and projects!

Mixed Media Class

Mixed Media Class
Muriel

Mixed Media Class

Mixed Media Class
Peggy

Mixed Media Class

Mixed Media Class
Nancy

Poppies ....

Poppies ....
ready for their new home!

Ta Da .....

Ta Da .....
this little gem is ready for blog preview and Etsy post tomorrow!

Ta - da!!!!

Ta - da!!!!
I can now walk away from the Easter Pear!!!

Easter Pear?

Easter Pear?
I like pears better than eggs!!!

Easter Pear Step 1

Easter Pear Step 1
Step 1 - I thought this would be enough ... silly me!

Easter Pear Step 2

Easter Pear Step 2
Step 2 - I wanted to add a bit of EGG Whimsy.

Easter Pear Step 3

Easter Pear      Step 3
Step 3 - It wouldn't be mine if there weren't any cast shadows.

Easter Pear Step 4

Easter Pear Step 4
Step 4 - And I love a good implied table line ... don't you??

Easter Pear Step 5

Easter Pear Step 5
Step 5 - Oh, better kick up the value a bit!

Easter Pear Step 6

Easter Pear Step 6
Step 6 - The background could use a value shift.

Easter Pear Step 7

Easter Pear Step 7
Step 7 - Add, of course we need a bit of implied texture!